I know I'm about to sound completely nuts to everyone but I'm just doing
all this stuff for FD... ;)

I'll probably end up using the 100' or 50' chunk of LMR400 that I have
laying around  here depending on how far away the antenna has to be from
the tent...  Being that I'm going to be running 40 radials (and don't
want to staple it down) I'm going to need to keep it away from where
people will be walking.

I've also got 2 other wire antennas that are proven and we know are
going to work well... But I always like trying stuff that I've never
done before for FD.  I know we're not going to be winning any awards but
I've got trees freakin everywhere and I'm going to probably have 4
antennas hooked to the K3 two RX only and two TX/RX...

I've never been to the location where its held this year and so thats
new for me too.  I just try to have fun, make sure I get a few good
bites of the potluck, and get to play with more antennas and better
antennas than I'll ever have at my current home.  Later I'll have a
better setup but for now FD is my biggest play date w/ Ham Radio every
year...

These are where I get to try stupid things and find out what does and
doesn't work.

~Brett (N7MG)

~Brett (N7MG)