At 35 WPM, I do not perceive any change in transmitted keying between
CW and CW+.  There is a difference in QSK receive.  I certainly do not
hear anything that would be described by "greatly improved keying" on
the transmitted waveform.  Perhaps the circumstances of your keying
complaint needs further detailing?

Part of the issue with split, RIT, XIT, etc., is settling time for the
complete reversal of most of the circuitry paths involved in TX/RX
state change. CW+ removes the most time-costly state change reversals
to accomplish the 70 WPM clarity.  We need to remember that the change
as currently implemented was introduced to service very high speed
QRQ.  Working some of this backward to mid-speed QSK code without
introducing chirp and other artifacts will likely take some time.  The
lack of split in the reintroduce list for CW+ was deliberate and
probably marks split as the most difficult item for quick transition.

What seems more workable is pulling some of the CW+ code back into CW
to improve the QSK there.  Also, perhaps the K3 SO2V coding strategy
used by N1MM bears rethinking in light of the CW+ changes.

73, Guy.