Steve,

You should be able to balance the wattmeter bridge even if the ADC
inputs to U1 are damaged open - if they are damaged in a shorted
condition, yes they would interfere with the balance adjustment.

I suggest that you try rotating the pots to the full CCW position and
then attempt to balance the bridge while measuring the DC voltage at the
hot end of R2 - try to adjust for a minimum reading on your DMM rather
than a minimum on the K2 display.  If that is not successful, then look
at C54, C55, R3, R4 and T1 carefully.  But if that null adjustment is
possible, you likely do have a problem with U1.

We had some nasty thunder-boomers over here in the Wake Forest area
yesterday and we disconnected everything - I think Chapel Hill got hit
harder - so if you had antennas connected ---!

73,
Don W3FPR