Actually the K3 can do this!

You just have to setup the K3 to not do delayed memory updating.

Go into the CONFIG:MEM 0-9 menu entry and press the 1 button to select
M>V NOR.  Now when you're in the memory mode you can turn the VFO and
the memories will be gone to in real time.  M>V DLY is something I
prefer usually as you'll have all the relays clicking in the band pass
and low pass filters as you ratchet through your memories and what
not...  But its a lot more like Kenwood does things once you set it up
that way.

~Brett (N7MG)