  From: pd0psb
  To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
  Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:27 PM
  Subject: Re: [Elecraft] FM Demod Problem with K3 + K144XV

  The K3 seems on the narrow side for NFM, which is good for weak signals and
  inherent to its max. DSP bandwidth.

  On loud (and wider) signals this *can* lead to clipping of high frequencies
  and the squelch reacting on this with a mute action. In Europe this is less
  of a problem since we switched to a 12,5kHz lower deviation raster long ago.

  A solution could be an adjustable squelch tail/hysterises or an additional
  level-based squelch for such occasions.

  73'
  Paul
  PD0PSB