When the 6 Meter band is dead, I like to either scan a range of frequencies
or channel hop with my K3. Channel hopping is preferred because 10 specific
frequencies can be monitored without the scan stopping on unstable
(frequency or amplitude) signals from nearby electronic devices.  I usually
set up for channel hopping ten discrete CW and SSB frequencies on either
side of 50.100 MHz.

After setting up the bank of 10 memory channels and flagging each with an
asterisk, when I press the M>V button and turn the VFO-A dial, I can
manually scan each memory channel.  As expected, the mode stored (CW or SSB)
is the one I hear when the VFO-A knob is turned. But when I start the
automatic channel hopping, the mode does not change. The mode used in the
hopping appears to be mode that was in effect when the scan button is
pressed.

Can the firmware be modified so the mode stored with each memory position is
the one that is used when channel hopping?

On another memory related matter, it appears that the filter bandwidth
chosen for the last stored CW memory is the bandwidth applied to every CW
memory in the bank of 100 memories.  The same holds for the last filter
chosen for a SSB memory.  Are there plans to also store the preferred
bandwidth AND mode chosen for each stored memory channel?
Thanks to all on the Elecraft team who continue to improve the functionality
of this great K3 radio.

73,
Rich - K1HTV