Lee...

     I have a fully fleshed-out K3 that I use with a SignaLink USB. The
K3 is about 3 months old and was factory-built. I am running off a Dell
XPS-420 (WIN 7 Ultimate (32 bit)) and FLDIGI 3.12.5 -- with this set-up,
I run the TX pot about 9 O'Clock, the RX pot at noon, and my line level
is 15. The K3 wattage is set for 100 watts, and this list of settings
produces about 30-35 watts out on a Bird 43 on 20 meters in PSK31 (when
idling). I crank things up a bit when I run RTTY. It seems to me that
you are having to push things awfully hard on your set-up, but I don't
know what to suggest...

John Ragle -- W1ZI

=====