Good Evening,
   Weather for Field Day was wonderful.  After a few weeks of cold there were
two sunny days of 70 degree weather.  Then, promptly, the temperatures dropped
back into the fifties with rainy, grey skies.  We did enjoy our two days of
summer; it is being talked about fondly at the local hardware store ;)
However, my long range forecast predicts some more warm weather.  80 degree
weather by Tuesday will be a shock to my as yet unacclimated system.  At least
I will get a chance to let the fire go out.
   Conditions have been up and down on twenty and forty meters this week.  QSB
was regularly present with storm induced static on 40 meters.  Some evenings
forty was so loud it was tough to make out signals.  Twenty meters each morning
was a guessing game.  Over the space of an hour signal strength would change a
few times.  QSB would come and go while changing character throughout.
Hopefully we can test the bands tomorrow.  I know many of you may be picnicking
in celebration of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.  If the
British had not been so involved with the French we would not have won that
one.  Thanks to the French we can shoot off lots of fireworks and celebrate our
birthday.  Be safe.

Please join us tomorrow afternoon and evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2200z (Sunday 3 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0000z (Sunday 5 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

   Stay well,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-