Well even after a period of time i'm still fighting the audio out problem.
Couple of things i've figured out are that the main receiver AF gain control
affects the audio at the line out jack and the Config:line out adjustment
affects the line out audio when the sub rx is on, but the Main rx AF control
still affects it as well.  I really don't know why the main RX AF control does
that but i don't believe it's right.  So anyway in order for me to get a good
signal into the computer from the K3 i turn on the sub rx and turn down the
Main rx control.  Even though that leaves me without audio, because i use a
only headset or the internal speaker.

Headset audio appears to be correct though as i use "split" mode when working
DX when requesting split operation.  Main Rx Audio coming out the Line out Jack
is not adjustable.  I watch various indicators (software) when adjusting either
the main rx AF control or the internal Config: line out control.  Something is
wrong i think.  Anyone got any ideas?  This has been happening for some time
but i've not put a lot of effort into trying to resolve the problem.  Now it's
like a mosquito bite and beginning to really agitate me.

I've only had the cover off this radio one time since i bought it last June and
that was to pull the KIO board and check the jacks and continuity from one end
to the other of the audio path.  I don't have any other issues with this unit
and it runs 24 X 7.  Now it's like family and i don't like the thought of it
not being on the desk working it's little heart out.  Maybe because i'm not in
it, pulling covers off and unplugging stuff is the reason i have essentially no
problems with it?

I have upgraded to 3.79 rev's. several months ago with no difficulty and no bad
side effects.  The audio at the line out jack has been there since the day i
received the radio.

Larry
W0OGH