After using the diversity feature with two receiving arrays for the last
season on 160 and 80, I am with Joe 100% on this one. The fades and peaks I
experience in the two ears are summed in the brain far more effectively than
I would have imagined. On 80 meters (our RX arrays are 800' separated), we
actually hear different stations in each ear coming over different paths.
The really motivated operators have trained themselves to take advantage of
this "pileup separation filter."

You would have to add a computer programmed for Laplace Transforms to gain
the summing effect you desire. The audio mixer is not capable of summing
peaks and cancelling nulls.

The K3 diversity feature is unique and requires a paradigm shift when you
first start using it. It is like hearing surround-sound for the first time
and trying to correlate the spatial positions of the various musical
instruments. After a while, you can just relax and enjoy the effect without
dwelling on the technology.

Tom Taormina, K5RC

Virginia City NV

Home of W7RN and K7RC

 <http://k5rc.cc> http://k5rc.cc   FOC 1760

"Communication is the problem to the answer" - 10cc