When it doesn't happen to everyone, it's not being sent multiple times
from source.

This leaves your ISP.  The best guess is mail processing software at
your node plus the processing time at your PC, with ISP's processing
probably having time-outs for certain activities, and your email plus
attached file is taking so long to come back and say I got it, delete
it, that it's doing the conservative thing, timing out and holding on
to it for another try.

If your ISP has a web read interface direct, then use it to delete a
duplicating file.  This will short cut some of the processing time and
allow the ISP to mark it off.  If this is happening on your ISP's web
interface, call the ISP, you can't fix it yourself.

73, Guy.