Jim,

 > There's something different about the K3 Sub-RX, and the Roofing
 > filters seem to fall apart below about -25dB. Makes a guy wonder
 > what's going on!

I would bet the subreceiver has excess gain in the IF and you're
seeing amplified IF noise (particularly since the bandwidth is
about 1 KHz).  I don't see any way for the K3 Utility to calibrate
main/receiver gain separately (Dick?) but I'd suggest checking the
gain calibration of the subreceiver or measuring all of the filters
only in the main receiver.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV