May I once again thank everyone for expressing such enthusiasm toward
helping me.  The advice keeps pouring in both within and outside of this
reflector.  I guess you Elecraft builders love your rigs and have
developed a very supportive network.  I hope I can contribute someday.
For now I'm just a "taker".

Yes, I intend to inventory my K2 very carefully, identifying and staging
all the components for the actual build.  While many helpful suggestions
have been made about "how" to do this, I will do what I've been doing
since the Heathkit days....and that is to bust up corrugated cardboard
boxes and then reengineer them with duct tape so I have compartments for
bigger components and plenty of vertical corrugated sides to stick  the
things with leads in.  Works for me.  It's more difficult to explain
than it is to just do it.

Strange as it may seem, I'm going to reseal my K2 package, as received a
couple days ago, and put it on a shelf in the bedroom closet until the
autumn.

Instead, I'm going to build the fully optioned KX-1 which I just ordered
about two hours ago!   Should arrive by midweek.

I've always wanted both of them and struggled with which one to build
first.  I think I'd like to "practice" on the simpler KX-1 first. I can
get comfortable with my new soldering station, that ridiculously thin
solder, and practice how to handle all those static-sensitive
components.   Then I can use it "kayak mobile" with my homebrewed mag
loop mounted on the boat throughout this summer.  I also like to roam
around the beautiful Hudson Valley's higher terrain and the KX-1 looks
like a hands-down winner for my kind of QRP CW only roaming around.

When I finally attack the K2 in the autumn, I'll be more
"Elecraft-educated" and that's got to be an advantage.

Thanks again!

Stan WB2LQF