The answer to your question is yes, certainly. You have to adjust the
VOX gain high enough so that the LINE IN audio will trigger it, which
might be different from the level you use with your microphone. With the
line levels I am using here, I get 4-5 bars of ALC indication with the
Mic gain control set at LINE 12. With this level of line input, MAIN:VOX
GN = 007 will reliably trigger VOX in AFSK A for me.

As for PTT control, whatever method is used by HRD will likely work with
N1MM Logger. The Logger can be configured to do PTT using any of several
different methods. How are you doing PTT from HRD/DM780?

73,
Rich VE3KI

Nick WA5BDU asked: