In the traditional sense, "LINE" was a broadcast and
recording industry standard for FIXED signal at 0dBm, and
600 ohms.  It was used to interconnect various pieces
equipment and was supposed to relieve the engineers of the
need to determine what the signal level was and what the
source and destination impedance levels were.

IMHO all manufacturers should return to the tradidional
definaton.

73
Gene K1NR

K2  6XXX