I'm using a TGE (N8XJK designed) boost regulator on my battery-powered setup.
By the K3 meter (when I get time I'll verify this) the supply voltage on
receive is 14.1 and on TX ~18A load, it's 13.8.

I have run some preliminary tests (better to follow when time permits)  of the
IMD performance v. supply voltage v. output power and the results aren't
unexpected, although not yet a stable as I would like.  IMD goes up with power
level and reduced supply voltage.  No surprise.

So, absent more definitive answers, I'm personally erring in the direction of
theory and preliminary results and keeping the voltage as high as is reasonable
and arguing against operating at 11V just because the spec says that's
acceptable.

BTW, about 40 years ago, I did some moonlighting for the founders of Iota.  My
HB analog smart charger that's now in the shack was originally built to replace
a horribly noisy switcher in my travel trailer.  I've since installed an Iota
in the trailer.  Good stuff.

Wes  N7WS
Interesting.  I run a K3 off a couple of pseudo deep cycle 12 volt
batteries with an Iota smart charger hooked up.  I run mostly digital
so IMD is important to me.  The Iota runs between 13.1 and 13.6 volts
by my K3's meter.  Would the difference between that and 14 volts make
a meaningful difference in the IMD ?  What brand and model booster
provides 14 volts?  The MFJ promises 13.8.

TIA

73 de Eric, KG6MZS