That argument does not make sense to me.  The front panel is not
difficult to remove at all.
Removing the front panel from the K3 is quite different than
disassembling the front panel assembly.
Of course, if you have the current budget to purchase it now, yes it is
a little easier to include it with the initial build.

73,
Don W3FPR