I prefer wv over margins, since I remember convincing arguments for this (but seem not to have saved those posts).

I grab wvx as a hopefully unique identifier, so that DAVE KETCHUM gets to define how it works. Once my definition gets heard we can debate whether it is useful - if it is we can think about a prettier name.

BTW - cycle resolution is the only place where it could be useful.