When I said that, with 2-level balloting there's always a beats-all
candidate, who always wins in Approval, someone could say that the same is
true of Plurality. Sure, but Plurality doesn't have free 2-level voting, so
none of this means much for Plurality.

Likewise, when I defined emphatic preferences and emphatic Condorcet
Criterion. Someone could say, "You could take that a step farther and define
Plurality-preferences, etc. You could, but the same answer applies:
Plurality doesn't have 2-level balloting that voters can use as they wish.
Plurality has its "All but one must get bottom rating" restriction that
makes comparisons meaningless.

Mike Ossipoff

----