At 10:36 AM 5/12/2008, Jonathan Lundell wrote:

So instead of enforcing a trustworthy central counting system in those
states, you're asking me to believe that all the county registrars are
fine, upstanding honest people who would never manipulate an election
if they could get away with it?

OK....

Naive, I must say. Sure, individual registrars can be corrupt. But wholesale fraud is the most worrisome kind, and it becomes more likely the more that there is central control. One of the worries about DREs is that additional avenues for wholesale fraud become open. Centralization is another opening door.