On Feb 1, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Kathy Dopp wrote:

To clarify one last time,  I clearly said (first sentence in my email)
that "I stand corrected" that am not against FAIR, EQUITABLE,
MONOTONIC PR methods. I.e. a multiple at-large contest with one ranked
or rated ballot as long as that ballot is counted in a fair,
equitable, monotonic way (I.e. NOT by IRV/STV methods).

I think it's a fair characterization of proponents of PR/STV to say that we would also favor fair, equitable and monotonic methods, but that we've come to the conclusion that a) we can't have all three, and b) if we have to give one of them up, we'll give up monotonic, and that it's not a close decision.