Good Afternoon, Don

May I ask something about your post? As written, it implies that you equate voting and democracy. As you said in your post of March 15th, "Democracy is difficult to define." and I want to be sure I'm drawing the correct inference before I respond.

Is it your belief that a political system, to be considered a democracy, must incorporate voting? Would you consider any other means of determining the will of the people?

These seem like important questions for me to understand before I delve into the matter of 'desire and ability'.

Fred Gohlke