If someone can do better, fine.

I DO argue that such as Burlington demonstrate TRC doing better than IRV at truly seeing voter desires.

On Aug 23, 2010, at 2:38 PM, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
On Aug 23, 2010, at 1:53 PM, Dave Ketchum wrote:
I see below that leeswalker is doing his best for IRV.

Would be useful if some of us could do better for Condorcet - which I see as a competitor that should win.

TRC - True Ranked Choice  -

the author that first introduced me to Condorcet (even though i had conceived of the method myself when i first heard about Ranked Choice ballots) was Nobel Laurate Eric Maskin in a Scientific American article, used the term "True Majority" (not to be confused with Ben Cohen's organization TrueMajority.org).

"Truth" is sometimes in the eye of the beholder. i dunno if the claim of Condorcet being the "True" method of Ranked Choice and all other ranked choice methods are sorta "Not True" or "False", might be perceived by some as reaching too far.

i dunno.
--
r b-j                  r...@audioimagination.com