Hi Jameson,

--- En date de : Lun 30.5.11, Jameson Quinn <jameson.qu...@gmail.com> a écrit :

If ballot design considerations limited the number of ranks available for
Condorcet/Approval, one could still use equal ranking to approve an unlimited
number of candidates. I agree that an explicit "unapproved" ranking, though
theoretically unnecessary because it's synonymous with a blank ballot line,
would help voters understand what's happening. Even just two approved ranks
would be a good system, but I believe that any serious proposal should advocate
at least three approved ranks (four ranks overall), because I suspect that
would get more support.

An advantage to two approved ranks (with one disapproved) is that it becomes
hard
(impossible?) to show Smith failure examples.

Your typical example has four candidates and four distinct ranks with a cycle
among
three of them. I'm pretty sure you can't do that with three slots.

Kevin