On 9/15/2011 12:14 PM, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:
fsimm...@pcc.edu wrote:
A fourth common problem with Dodgson and Kemeny that I failed to
mention is their common lack of efficient precinct summability.

Is that true? My implementation of Kemeny uses a variant of integer
program #3 from "Improved Bounds for Computing Kemeny Rankings", and
this integer program only needs access to the graph itself to find the
minimum feedback arc set.

In voting terms, that means that the integer program only needs the
Condorcet matrix to determine who the winner is.

The Condorcet-Kemeny method only needs the pairwise counts from each precinct.

Those are summed at any location, and the calculations begin.

(Will reply to other messages as I have time....)

Richard Fobes