On Mar 24, 2012, at 3:49 PM, MIKE OSSIPOFF wrote:

Approval can't be improved upon, other than questionably and doubtfully.

This is a bit much, considering that there are many competing methods that offer various worthy capabilities.

Looking at the ABucklin that you mention:

Assuming that I wish to elect A, but want to have B considered ONLY if I cannot get A elected:

. I cannot say this with Approval, where I must give equal approval to every candidate I approve.

. With ABucklin I can give B a lower rank than I give A, to be considered only if A's rank does not decide on a winner.

Mike