From: election-methods-boun...@lists.electorama.com
[mailto:election-methods-boun...@lists.electorama.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Ossipoff
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 9:55 PM
To: election-meth...@electorama.com
Subject: [EM] Dave Ketchum: Handcounts

Dave:

You said:

And that gets to why I think  "hand counting" is no longer useful as
"verification" - what is there to "hand count" when there are no paper
ballots except those printed by the machines that we're auditing?

[endquote]

Handcounting was used even before there were voting machines!

I kid you not.

Mike Ossipoff