At 08:04 AM 6/18/2013, Benjamin Grant wrote:

OK, I have been dealing with a huge issue, and that is using Outlook to perform inline replies.

When, for example, Jameson Quinn sends a long and nuance post to the list, and I want to reply to it, the only method of reply I want to use in the inline method. That means that I post a chunk of his message, then my reply, then another chunk, then my reply to that, and so on, like this:

I.e., common list practice, what I call conversational style. Benjamin, I suggest you set Outlook to general plain text responses. It's much easier to control. I have not verified this, but Outlook should be able to handle quoted material automatically with quotation markers. I use Eudora for mail, still, and it does have a non-plain text quotation marker which often gets translated to initial > marks.