Hey guys,

I just wanted to give a quick rundown of the things we need to accomplish
in order to go public beta (not including app work, just OS work).

   1. *Boot/Login*. There's going to be some more seriously work done by
   Canonical for system compositor and lightdm from boot and stuff, so for
   this cycle we're just going super simple.
      1. We need someone to write a real basic plymouth theme. We have a
      mockup attached to the relevant bug report. It's just our logo
on black and
      it should slowly glow in/out like our old one.
      https://bugs.launchpad.net/elementaryos/0.2-luna/+bug/795511
      2. Tom is already hard at work implementing a fantastic lightDM
      greeter. It works; I'm using it. We need to get that packaged and in the
      dailies. it's lp:pantheon-greeter
   2. *Indicators*. Mario is hard at work there. I think we're having some
   slight lp build and packaging issues, but this work is already coming down
   the tubes. Also Tom just landed a patch to wingpanel that makes indicators
   look like popovers which is really cool.
   3. *Default Apps.* I think this is largely completed. We do however need
   to get pantheon-files packaged up and in the dailies. Audience is still up
   for consideration IIRC so please check that out if you haven't and let's
   see if there's any reason to keep Totem around. If not, we need to get that
   into the dailies as well.
   4. *Compiz Settings.* That's something Cassidy and I need to get fixed
   up. We have a branch that I believe still needs to get packaged. Once that
   gets into the daily we can polish it up.
   https://code.launchpad.net/~elementary-design/+junk/compizprofile
   5. *Misc Bugs. *We also have plenty of other small bugs that could use
   fixing. It would be awesome if you all could take a look at the list:
   https://launchpad.net/elementaryos/+milestone/luna-beta1

Thanks again to everyone for their hard work. We're getting really close to
that magical release point. We just really need to all pull together and
make it happen and I'm 100% positive that this will make a huge impression
on the FOSS world. You guys rock :)

Best Regards,

Daniel Foré

elementaryos.org