Hey Guys,

When we first did the AppMenu, I think we felt that having only a single
menu for an app was being extremely optimistic about it's design. But it
seems that even so, some of the apps that have been built for elementary
(Switchboard, Eidete, etc) are so contextual and awesome that they don't
need an AppMenu at all except for a single item: About.

What I'd like to propose is moving "About" into a quicklist item. I think
this would make sense because it's About the App not just the current
Window, and it would give us a consistent place to put this item (that I'm
pretty sure we all want for all of our apps) without requiring
yet-another-otherwise-useless-piece-of-UI.

Thoughts?

Best Regards,

Daniel Foré

elementaryos.org