Sergey,

What do you mean by 'embedding indictors into apps'? Does it mean one installs for example Noise and the soundindicator is installed as well but not as a separate package?

If that's the case, what if a user wants to install another music player which makes use of the sound indicator? Additionally, how difficult will it be/ what effort will it take to backport upstream changes made to for example the sound indicator to the particular apps?

Regards
Kurt