On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 06:31:47AM +0000, Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 10:48:59AM +0530, Ligesh wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 08:47:59PM +0000, Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > This should be easy enough. Should I just use isalnum instead of
> > > isspace? Next question: Should this be configurable? We already have too
> > > many options.
> >
> >  Yeah true. No. It is not configurable. They are separate motions
> > altogether. And the kill-word-back actually means that it will do till a
> > metachar.
>
> What do you mean? Are you asserting that because it has 'word' in the
> name, it should stop at non-alphanumeric characters?

 I can tell you  how it is in bash. Bash has two actions.

 backward-kill-word: This does what I had proposed. Kill a previous word till
it reaches a metachar (non-alphanumeric).

 unix-word-rubout: This deletes the previous characters till it encounters a
space.

 So I think in kill-word-back, it should be alnum. *If YOU want* you can
implement a 'unix-word-rubout' too, but that's not really needed. I personally
dislike the concept of 'unix-word-rubout'. Especially when you type in a url,
you would want to remove the last directory, and not the entire string.

 So I presonally would prefer kill-word-back to use '!isalnum' rather than
'isspace'. So yes, just replacing isspace, with !isalnum should fix it.

 Thanks a lot.