Jonas Fonseca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The event system was introduced for keybindings, when work was being
> done to support loadable module, especially scripting modules.

I see, the event system was first added to CVS in commit
2b72492bf294c6fc442a06e6eca94fef0154db34 and soon used for
keybindings in commit a4cf28a90691f46b34a2eea581755edcba119bab.

Anyway, it looks like registering events with generated names can
gradually allocate more and more memory, because unregister_event()
is declared but not called nor implemented.  Should I file a bug
report (RESOLVED LATER) on that or add FIXME comments?

Was unloading a scripting module intended to immediately free all
language-specific objects from memory and change ELinks-side
structures to no longer point to them, or was there going to be a
check so that modules cannot be unloaded when their objects are
in use?