Hi,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 04:57:54PM +0200, Jonas Fonseca wrote:
> Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote Fri, Jun 20, 2008:
> > Jonas Fonseca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > I don't know if it would make sense to start migrating to use
> > > Google Code for hosting the downloads.
> >
> > Personally, I am not willing to accept the confidentiality and
> > export control clauses in the Terms of Service of Google Code.
> > I would much rather pay for hosting elsewhere.
>
> OK, fair enough. Maybe it isn't necessary to pay for hosting, the
> problem with the current hosting is that we only have one account on the
> server, which makes things slightly less flexible. We could set up yet
> another rsync cronjob to populate the download directory from somewhere
> on the host of the master repository if pasky doesn't mind.

  I can try to get the server admin drunk tomorrow. ;-) Anyway, what
does this have to do with the number of accounts? I actually have no
idea about the current setup of ELinks development but it shouldn't be a
problem to give more appropriate and trustworthy people access to the
shared account, I think. rsync cronjob is also a possibility.

  Another alternative might be moving ELinks hosting to rover, the
server hosting e.g. git.or.cz and repo.or.cz; it would then make sense
to move the git tree there as well. But that depends on how much painful
the current setup really is for you guys.

--
                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
The last good thing written in C++ was the Pachelbel Canon. -- J. Olson