On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 09:13:12AM EDT, Jonas Fonseca wrote:

[..]

> Well, graphics mode has been there for five year or something and
> nothing has happened yet. I think that is a bigger disappointment. ;)

Not for me. :-)

What is "graphics mode" where elinks is concerned?

> > Since elinks is a text-mode browser I imagined that internationalization
> > should have been right at the top. Especially since elinks apparently
> > originated in Europe, noted for its language diversity.
>
> I think that ELinks already does a pretty good job when it comes to
> internationalization. It perhaps is a bit outdated since UTF-8 is not
> well supported.

I switched back to my original en.US locale and regular xterm. Now I change
the character set manually and everything I care about seems to render OK.

I checked a few Yahoo! sites (Argentina, Brazil, France, Italy, Spain,
Germany...) and they all rendered correctly with my default charset or
after I switched to iso-8859-15 or iso-8859-16. I even got the embryonic
Yahoo!  pages for Denmark, Norway, and Sweden to render correctly (with
iso8859-4, I think)..!

Apart from the convenience aspect the only thing I lost was the pretty
double-lined frames aka "linux or OS/2 frames". I guess I can live with
that.

> > Is there any chance the above-mentioned "fork" of elinks - as
> > opposed to the "main branch" will be integrated to elinks in the
> > foreseeable future or is it more likely that they will lead separate
> > lives?
>
> Hopefully it will be merged, and soon. There are some unresolved
> issues as I've already mentioned.

I'll look forward to that.

Thanks,

cga