On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:08:14AM EDT, Jonas Fonseca wrote:
> Robert Michel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote Wed, May 17, 2006:
> > Salve cga2000!
> > > - possibly a misunderstanding on my part regarding the
> > > functionality that this function provides: I assume they
> > > correspond to the back/forward buttons on other browsers
>
> Yes, they correspond to back/forward buttons in graphical browsers.
> Basically, the view state (what link you were on etc.) will be
> restored when moving back and forth in this manner.

Thanks a ton. I have remapped them to "h" and "l" .. a lot more
convenient for me than the arrow/cursor keys which are very difficult to
reach on this laptop.

In order to do that, I had to remap "l" - "jump to link" to "u" but I'm not
sure what that does - sorry, I'm clueless about web stuff.

I tried it in different contexts and it does nothing. What's the
difference between "jump to link" and "follow link"? "Jump" to a link
sounds clear enough but from where? When I first saw it I thought it
just meant "go to link target" when a link is highlighted but that's
apparently not the case.

> > > - I would like
> > > to re-bind these keys to something more accessible.. replacing the back
> > > arrow in particular by something in the keyboard's home row in
> > > particular would make life a lot easier.
> > >
> > > The problem is that I have not been able to locate them under the
> > > Keybinding Manager popup. I used the Search button and still no joy.
> >
> > Don't seach for "u", collapes all, do search for e.g. "forward"
> > (without ")
> >
> > > Are they referenced under another name or is there a reason why they
> > > would appear to be missing?
> >
> > AFAIK does the search only lookup the names of the keybindings.
>
> Yes, it is only possible to search the names of the keybinding actions.
>
> > maybe see:
> > http://elinks.or.cz/documentation/manpages/elinkskeys.5.html
>
> Or for an overview matching you own modified keybindings look at the
> Keys dialog located in under Help in the main menu. It can be expanded
> to list all configured keybindings grouped by the main, edit, and menu
> mapping.

Very nice.

Thanks for all the details.

cga