On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 01:51:44AM -0400, cga2000 wrote:
> I also have a minor problem with sites that use a screen-wide color
> background to highlight headings. But this may be due to my terminal
> (xterm+gnu/screen) configuration. I have this problem with the gentoo
> main page for instance and would be curious to know if others see the
> same thing I am seeing.

I couldn't say -- the page looks fine to me.   You could always take a
screenshot.

> One little thing that I am missing is the absence of any indication
> of how far down I am into a given page. Something like a percentage
> indication would be especially useful for some lengthy pages such as
> collections of mailing list archives. I guess everybody else uses the
> underlying terminal's scrollbar for this (?) .. I use a fullscreen
> terminal with no scrollbar and sometimes - especially when searching -
> I'm a little lost.

I just tend to use the page indicator in the top-right corner of ELinks,
example:  Gentoo Linux -- Gentoo Linux News (1/4).

-- Thomas Adam

--
"If I were a witch's hat, sitting on her head like a paraffin stove, I'd
fly away and be a bat." -- Incredible String Band.