Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On a POSIX system, you can disable the key with the stty(1) utility:
>
>    stty quit ''

Which version of POSIX is that?  The versions I've seen only
recognize "undef" and "^-" for this purpose, not "".

> ELinks could catch the signal, but that would defeat the purpose of
> having the key, don't you think?

If you link with Ruby, then that apparently catches the signal.
Init_signal() in ruby1.8/signal.c makes sighandler() handle
SIGQUIT and several other signals.  When the signal arrives,
sighandler() sets rb_trap_pending and trap_pending_list[SIGQUIT].

Is it a bug that ELinks' handling of SIGQUIT depends on whether
Ruby was linked in?

Should ELinks allow Ruby scripts to handle SIGQUIT?
What should happen if ELinks gets a SIGQUIT when there is no Ruby
code in the call stack?