I love ELinks and I sincerely hope it will have full js support at some
point.

One minor annoyance that I believe is due to my setup is that when I
switch from another GNU/screen "window" and start reading the headlines
at news.google.com .. some timer appears to expire at one point (could
be after a minute .. or two or three..) and a couple of links that I had
caught out the corner of my eye and was planning to visit are no longer
visible.

I noticed some large number being decremented every second .. I think
some place at the bottom right of the screen and I was wondering whether
this has anything to do with my problem.

What would be the .conf file option that I need to take a look at to
disable this behavior?

Thanks,

CJ