I have downloaded and copied a debian install .iso to a USB3 memory stick.
When I plug the stick into the USB3 (lower) slot on my MinnowBoard Turbot and
try to boot from the stick the UEFI Boot Manager doesn’t see it.

However,

1) If I plug the very same stick into the USB2 (upper) slot, then the UEFI Boot
Manager does see it and will boot from it.

2) If I plug the very same stick into a USB2 hub which is plugged into the USB3
(lower) slot on the Turbot, then the UEFI Boot Manager does see it and will
boot from it.

3) If I copy the .iso to a USB2 memory stick, the UEFI Boot Manager will see it
and boot from it regardless of which slot it is connected to.

“Not the sort of behavior you ordinarily expect from a major appliance.”
        — Ghostbusters

Anybody got a clue?
Thanks!
Rick