Hello everyone,

We are glad to announce our first release candidate for Elixir v1.3.0. This
release includes the new Calendar types as well as many improvements to the
toolchain. We hope it will make everyone more productive, specially when
using Mix and ExUnit.

Since this is a release candidate, there is a chance your package managers
won't be updated to include it. Luckily, you can use a version manager
<http://elixir-lang.org/install.html#compiling-with-version-managers>
or compile
from source
<http://elixir-lang.org/install.html#compiling-from-source-unix-and-mingw>.

To learn more about this release, read the CHANGELOG
<https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/blob/v1.3.0-rc.0/CHANGELOG.md> or access
its docs <http://elixir-lang.org/docs/master>.

We recommend everyone to take this new release for a spin and let us know
how it goes. This release should be fully backwards compatible, please
report any inconsistencies you find in our issues tracker
<https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/issues>.

Happy coding!

*José Valim*
www.plataformatec.com.br