I +1 the problem as being significant. The number of bug reports I've
tackled where someone used single quotes instead of double quotes is quite
high. Most often, it's heavily obscured because they passed a charlist into
Poison.encode! and the remote service (or in my case, DB) complained about
an incorrect schema. Quite obscure.

I'm neutral about the sigil being the first class way to do charlists.

I think we need to settle on what single quotes mean after the change. Are
they a syntax error? Do we adopt the practice of it being a string without
interpolation?