Hello, I'd vote for this change too, actually found that and other discussion,
when I was going to make exact same proposal, and just did a quick search
first. Then only notable stopper I've seen is that values would be strong,
whilist user may expect int/bool etc. I think we could handle this case by
passing some typing info in first element, like {:system_int, "POOL_SIZE"} etc,
which would evaluate to nil if env isn't set or not an integer.