I read and agree with the basic principle outlined there. I can definitely
see the issue with an ever growing list of options, especially those that
would allow for code to diverge quite a bit in the look between
applications. There does need to be consistency.

At the same time, I am also an advocate for readability of code. I was
hoping that what would end up being a minor change, it wouldn't mean
breaking apart lines like some of the things the formatter already does,
would be a conversation worth having if it would mean engineers could read
their code easier.