As I mentioned on the linked PR, I’m in favor of such feature. I like how
Clojure calls this function: frequencies. Thus if we are considering
Enum.frequencies/1 and/or Enum.frequencies/2, it has my vote.

To move the proposal forward I think it would be very valuable if you could
survey other programming languages to see if they have such feature and if so -
under what function name.