Is it necessary to have this information on the left? This way both the
result from your code and some iex internals will print there, which some
people said could be confusing. What if it's on the right?
Also instead of showing the time it took to run, could iex allow some
customization and the execution time could be one of the possibilities?
For example, my terminal has the datetime on the right, which allows me to
measure time, too:
This is done by configuring the right prompt, which is currently not
supported by iex: `RPROMPT="[%D{%f/%m/%y}|%*]"`

Doing it *exactly* like this won't allow measuring the time it took but it
can be extended.

It can also be useful for other scenarios. An example is tracking timeouts
- if you run a task/call with N seconds timeout, it's easy to see that it
was started more than N seconds ago just by looking at the datetime of the
command that initiated it.