> On 25 Jan 2021, at 11:40, Boris Kuznetsov <m...@achempion.com> wrote:
>
> Recompilation (and delay) on every new run seems like a major issue.
>
> Probably, if you call `Mix.install/?`, then you should pass the target
> directory to cache compiled dependencies.
>
> By default it can use `_build` as all current mix projects.

The fake Mix project contains both deps/ and importantly _build folders so
recompilations won’t happen once a given set of dependencies given to
Mix.install is cached.
Recompilations would only happen if the dependencies change as is the case of
`:path` dependencies. It’s actually pretty cool that `Mix.install [{:foo, path:
“~/src/foo”}]` works out of the box and would recompile on start if that dep
changed.