Hello I've been trying to debug a seg fault in my elixir app for a bit.
I've learned that if debugging symbols are enabled on the erlang vm you can
use gdb to debug a linux core file to deduce where the seg fault is
occuring. Now I've rebuilt erlang from source to have the debugging symbols
and that all works fine, but using it with an elixir release seems to be a
bit difficult.

I modified the elixir bin similar
to https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/11082 but I am getting
on_boot errors when running the release. So replacing cerl with erl isn't a
path to success.

I need some help as I don't fully understand the path from an elixir
release to the erlang vm. Any quick ways to get this to work? Otherwise I
think it would be worthwhile to have an option when building an elixir
release to use a cerl vm (debug, valgrind, etc).

Regards,
Stephen