Hi,

most Elixir related new projects start with editing mix.exs and adding one
or multiple deps. What is the reason that mix doesn't support the following
two commands out of the box?

- mix new --add-dep="ash" app
- mix deps.add ash

I don't care about the exact way of doing this (syntax wise, etc.). I am
just curious why this or something similar is not a feature. The idea is
not really groundbreaking so I guess there must be a technical reason. Is
there? It would save most of the Elixir related projects time during the
setup. Shorter documentation. Less hassle for each Elixir developer.

In case there is no technical argument against this feature I'd like to
propose it. I don't have the technical background to code it myself.

Viele Grüße
  Stefan

--
Wintermeyer Consulting - Johannes-Müller-Str. 10 - 56068 Koblenz - Germany
https://www.wintermeyer-consulting.de

Twitter/GitHub/Misc.: @wintermeyer