So languages clearly favor filter.

   - Ruby has filter, too, and I think the name "filter" comes in handy
   when you want to do a filter+map in one operation: filter_map.
   - Rust's retain does not operate on an Iterator, but is a special
   in-place "filter" for Vec-tors, similar to Ruby's keep_if.
   - Haskell and Ocaml both use filter, too.
   - C#: List.FindAll or LINQ ("SQL"): where clause.
   - Go: Seems to have no built-in functionality for "filter". Libraries
   tend to prefer "Filter" as name. Rob Pike actually has a library called
   filter (https://pkg.go.dev/robpike.io/filter) that uses Choose. IMHO,
   good name :)